Dear Student, If you are not satisfied, if you need to transfer to another section, or make any class changes, please read the following and call 713-529-4414.
If you cannot attend a class: You must call LLU at least 48 hours prior to the starting date of the class. You will receive a LLU credit voucher for the class. There is a $5 processing fee per person per class with 48 hour notice (or $18 within 48 hours of class). This may either be charged to a credit card or you may mail us a check to us (6363 Richmond Ave #205, Houston, TX 77057) no later than seven days after the first class meeting. You will receive an in-house LLU credit voucher (no cash) good for one year from the starting date of the class toward any other LLU class. Registration fees are not credited. Registration fees must be valid at the time the credit is used or you will need to pay another registration fee.
To transfer to a different class or section: Call LLU at least 48 hours prior to the starting date of the class. There is a $5 transfer fee per person per class (within 48 hours $18). This may either be charged to a credit card or you may mail us a check. You will be transferred and a new confirmation form will be sent when the fee is paid. You are not enrolled in the class until payment is received. Registration fees must be valid at the time the transfer fee is paid or you will need to pay another registration fee.
If you miss a class or fail to give LLU a 48–hour non-attendance notice:
1) You may be able to attend the next section of the class, transfer to a different class, or receive an in-house LLU credit voucher. This option is not available for all classes. This includes trips, classes involving out of town teachers, transportation or specialized equipment.
2) You must call LLU, and make your request no later than 30-days after the starting date of the first class meeting unless noted differently on your class confirmation form.
3) There is an $18 reinstatement fee. If the class you missed has food, materials fee, and/or fixed expense included in the cost of the course, you will be required to pay that amount as well.
For a Refund: This is only available if you are dissatisfied with the instruction at the first class.
Failure to follow these guidelines voids the right to a refund.
1) For a one-day class, please inform the instructor of your decision to drop and obtain the instructor’s signature on your confirmation form within the first two hours.
2) For a class meeting more than once, please inform the instructor of your decision to drop by the end of the 1st class meeting, and obtain their signature on the back of the receipt.
3) You must call LLU the next business day.
4) LLU must receive the signed confirmation form within seven days of the first class meeting. Refunds will be issued in the method by which you paid; charges will be credited to the charge card holder; check and/or cash payments will be refunded by check. A $10 service charge per person will be deducted to cover overhead. If you wish, you may receive an in-house LLU credit voucher for the entire amount of the class. The registration fee is non-refundable.
Canceled Classes: A full refund is available within 12 months of the date of the canceled class.
Bad Weather Policy: Refunds are not issued for classes that have been postponed due to inclement weather and/or circumstances beyond our control. LLU will attempt to reschedule classes that are not held due to these circumstances. If you can’t attend the rescheduled class, a LLU credit voucher is available.
Returned Checks: There is a $25 service charge.
Changes: LLU reserves the right to change class locations, dates, fees, class sizes, and instructors.
Protecting the privacy of our students is a responsibility we take seriously.
1) We do not sell, rent, or give your information to others (except to LLU teachers in some cases).
2) We occasionally may use phone numbers you provide us to give you updated information on selected classes. You may request that we remove your name from the LLU mailing list, or emails. Contact us Monday-Friday 9am-5:30pm at 713-529-4414 or by selecting Remove Me From Mailings. It may take a few weeks to make your choice(s) fully effective.
3) The day prior to the start of your classes, we make a roster available to teachers listing the names of students in their class. Your address and phone numbers are not listed on this roster. We do not provide teachers with contact information except for those classes listed below in item #4. If you wish for a teacher to contact you after a class, you can provide that information directly to the teacher at class.
4) In some classes (computer, guitar, theater arts, water sports, welding), where it might be necessary for the teacher to contact students prior to class, we will provide the teacher with your phone number.